Marina del Rey is an outdoor paradise. So, why not make a day, and night, of it with the one you love? Here are a few of my favorite things…
- Enjoy an exhilarating parasailing flight with views of Venice Beach and Marina del Rey, then embrace your companion once your feet hit the ground to keep the excitement alive.
- Take a leisurely stroll along the Burke Marina Walk Promenade, which spans over six miles along the Marina where you can soak up the sea breeze, scenic harbor and steal a kiss along the way.
If you are inclined towards old world charm to set the mood, take a romantic gondola ride that gently cruises the enchanting canals and waterways of Naples Island.
- Looking for something a little more traditional? Check out the range of restaurants at Fisherman’s Village before getting your groove on at one of the free weekend concerts.
- Take a ride along the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail and pack a picnic to soak up the unbeatable backdrop while snuggling up on your cozy blanket.
- Enjoy the romantic Venice Canals on a self-guided walking tour (check out page 9). The intimate pathways create the perfect ambiance for a little kiss.
Set sail aboard Hornblower’s Full Moon Dinner Cruise and enjoy the views, fresh air and amorous vistas.
- In the mood for sexy? Enjoy live entertainment at the Warehouse Restaurant, especially on Salsa dance nights!
Wander down a quaint footbridge to the beach at the North Jetty Promenade and Marina Peninsula to enjoy spectacular views and inviting ocean-front walk.
It may be a bit cliché, but love enjoys an audience, so check out C&O Trattoria for great Italian cuisine, the highly-praised garlic knots and outside patio seating. Also, be prepared to sing along to what seems to be their theme song…”That’s Amore.”