Pedal Power – visitors can see how much power their feet will generate
with a specially designed bike attached to a small generator and
• Green Home Choices – a station of Legos® will be available for visitors to learn about changes they can make in their home to make it more sustainable.
• Survivor Plants – in partnership with the Gardens Conservancy, visitors will discover the life and history of the colorful plants currently on Alcatraz Island.
• Arts & Crafts – a station with art supplies will allow children to express their creativity through art.
• Discover the Bay – in partnership with the Aquarium of the Bay, a microscope with large display will explore the microorganisms in San Francisco Bay that play a critical role in our local environment.
• Date: Saturday, April 20, 2013
• Time: 9:00am-4:00pm
• Location: Pier 33, Alcatraz Landing, San Francisco, CA 94133
• Contact phone number: 415-438-8320.
Find more about Alcatraz Cruises commitment to the Respect Our Planet initiative and learn how we can reduce our impact on the environment and protect the beautiful San Francisco Bay. Call to reserve tickets today! 415-981-7625